|Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting|
Joy of Baking
195gm all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
113gm unsalted butter,room temperature
200gm granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
180ml pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Frosting
113gm cream cheese, room temperature
30gm unsalted butter. room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
175gm confectioners sugar
Garnish 110gm pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F(180C). In a large bowl, sift together the flour,baking powder,baking soda,ground spices, and salt.
- in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl> With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and pumpkin puree, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fill in the muffin cups evenly with the batter using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of your mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the butter and beat until incorporated and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Pipe or spread the frosting on the cupcakes. Sprinkle with toasted nuts.
Note: I omitted the ground cloves and reduced granulated sugar to 180gms and confectioners sugar to 120gms. For pumpkin puree, I used butternut squash, slice and steam for 10 minutes till soft. Blend to make puree.
Your complete easy to prepare intimate Christmas meal for six
|Cured Salmon with Avocado Puree|
|Grilled Squid On Bagedil With Tamarind Sauce|
|Buttermilk Chicken Drumsticks|
|New Orleans Coleslaw|
|Strawberry Balsamic Pizza with chicken and Bacon|
'Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.' James 1:17