Wednesday 26 December 2012

No Peace Know Jesus


During my two weeks in Dubai, I stayed in an apartment which faces this magnificent building, Burj Khalifa.
Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world, standing at 828metres tall with 160 floors. It's location is surrounded by the Dubai Mall, and a world largest dancing water fountain, which can spray to a height of 500 feet.
I enjoyed dining out at the restaurants facing the water fountain, watching the water show which comes on half hourly every evening. 

View of the Burj at night.This picture was taken from an Italian restaurant which I visited twice. I love Italian food!
 I also tried the local food at the old town area and  liked the mutton kebabs and naan at an afghan
restaurant. I never like to eat mutton and had it once long time ago. I find mutton has strong smell, but this kebab is different. I can't tell what kind of spices is blended and marinated with the meat, and this make it the scrumptious grilled meat I ever had. The naan is served hot and fluffy and it was made fresh from a bakery next door. This bakery is like no other bakeries, it only makes one kind of bread, naan. Two men knead the dough and an another is in charge of placing the dough into a tandoori oven.  He did this by kneeling near the   hot oven.

















Two big skewers of kebabs with a serving of salad, tomato soup and naan cost only 20 AED( S$6.60, US$5.40 ) which is very cheap. A main course at restaurants near the mall cost about 80 AED( S$26.60, US$21,80)










After your meal, a plate of mixed spice seeds , some coated with sugar and color is placed on your table. This helps to freshen your mouth and also aids your digestive.







I spent most afternoons shopping at Dubai mall which is connected to the apartment.
I also tried red velvet cupcakes at both the Magnolia bakery and the Hummingbird bakery. Magnolia red velvet is more moist and the frosting is way better than Hummingbird's.












                                             Hummingbird's Red Velvet













I went to this store, Wafi Gourmet which sells many different types of middle eastern food, spices, nuts and desserts.


























What did I buy during this trip? Most visitors to Dubai buy dates and nuts. There are many variety of dates, and I bought this less sweet and better quality dates with almonds.



I bought three kinds of nuts, pistachio, walnuts and cashew nuts. I also bought a bottle of rose water which is about $2.  I plan to bake rose essence cookies soon.












I have been to Dubai several time, so this is not a sight seeing trip for me. Overall, I enjoyed this trip very much. The weather was nice, 22C (71.6F) most days and I felt very refreshed and relaxed. I took some views from my apartment and also recorded the water show for you.

I am grateful and thankful to God for looking after me so well, keeping me close to him.  During Christmas Day service at the church, the message is 'The Names of Jesus".Jesus is called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace in Isaiah 9:6. These names show us who Jesus is and how we can depend on him to be our King of all kings and Lord of all lords.

Wonder counselor He is perfect in every ways from birth to death. He is always available, caring for us and he understands us.

Mighty God Jesus is the doer of all great things. He battles against all devils and demons. He conquers death. We need Him for he protects us.

Everlasting Father A child yet to be born but is already called Everlasting Father by Isaiah. The promised child is God himself. He is our heavenly Father.

Prince of Peace He is Peace with God, he is also Peace of God. He guards us against our fear, our anxiety. Only Jesus can bring peace, his peace can come into our lives.

'For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders, and he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace'
                                                                                                                                             Isaiah 9:6



                  NO PEACE? KNOW JESUS! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...