This Durian Swiss Roll was adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover whose blog I love to read, and I am very inspired by her cooking and baking.
50g unsalted butter
1 tsp corn oil
40g icing sugar
30g egg white
50g cake flour, add more flour if batter too runny, adjust accordingly
Pink food coloring
- Melted butter and corn oil over a double boiler.
- Sift in sugar, stir well.
- Add in egg white, combine well.
- Add in cake flour, mix well.
- Put in color.
- Pipe the patterns onto the swiss roll pan lined with paper
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Swiss Roll Sponge
5 egg yolks
50g corn oil
20g caster sugar
85g cake flour
5 egg white
1/4 tsp lemon juice, optional
60g caster sugar
- Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
- Add in corn oil, stir to combine.
- Add in milk, combine well.
- Fold in cake flour, mix well, set aside.
- Add lemon juice into egg white, beat till foamy.
- Gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks.
- Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
- Pour batter into the lined pan.
- Bake at 160C for 25 minutes.
300g durian flesh
1 tablespoon milk
100ml whipping cream
1 Tablespoon caster sugar
In the processor, blend durian flesh with the 1 tablespoon milk. Whisk whipping cream with the caster sugar till soft peak. Fold in the durian puree. Mix well
This is the best sponge method and I will use this recipe for other swiss rolls.
First Christmas Gift
'Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given.' Isaiah 9:6
Jesus Christ was God's Christmas Gift, and God never gives anything but the best!
'Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.'
Thanks be unto God for his indescribable gift!' 2 Corinthians 9:15