I must have caught the stripes fever! This is my second time doing a zebra design in a week and I am already thinking of doing another one on chiffon. This is Light Cheddar Cheesecake. The cheese used is Cheddar slices and cheese taste is very subtle. Cake texture is soft and nice and not too sweet.
Light Cheddar Cheesecake
Adapted from Helena Kitchen
4 slices of cheddar cheese
4 egg yolk
4 egg white
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
65 unsalted butter
65g caster sugar
65g low protein flour (cake flour)
60g dark chocolate, melted
- Line the bottom of a 6" square baking pan. (if using removable bottom pan, wrap the pan with foil to prevent water from seeping into the bottom)
- Warm milk, butter and tear up cheddar cheese slices in a double boiler bowl until a smooth and creamy mixture. Cool slightly before use.
- Whisk egg white and cream of tartar until frothy and gradually add in sugar.Whisk until stiff peak.
- Whisk the egg yolk and gradually add in the cheese mixture until well combined. Stir in sifted flour.
- Divide mixture into half and add melted chocolate into one half. Fold in white into both batters.
- Pour the batter with alternate tablespoon of the flavours into the prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated 135C oven with bake bath method for 60 minutes at lower rack or till tester comes out clean.
- Once cook, let the oven door ajar for 5-8 minutes, cool on wire rack.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up 'MILK' hosted by Tze of AwayofMind, organised by Zoe
|photo credit: Pastor Eric Kwan|
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
And now these three remain: faith,hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.