Oodles of Zoodles! This is a healthy and delicious way of having pasta. No, I didn't buy another nifty kitchen gadget called spirilizer to spirilized the zucchini. I use a vegetable shredder which works just as well.
To keep this meal healthy, I have it with a quick home cooked tomato stew and buttermilk roast chicken.
Zoodles In Tomato Stew for one
1 large tomato
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme/rosemary(I used both)
1 tsp of chopped garlic
2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chop tomato into small cubes.
- Minced garlic and chop the fresh herbs
- Heat the oil in the pan, fry garlic and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Throw in the herbs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tomatoes in low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the zoodles.
Maple Buttermilk Roast Chicken For Two
4 chicken thighs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 tsp of sea salt to taste
freshly grind black pepper
1 sprig of fresh thyme or rosemary
1 crushed garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a bag ( taste the marinade to check if more maple syrup or salt/pepper needed)
- Keep in the chiller for a day or two.
- Roast in 190-200C oven for 35-40 mins.
You need carbo to fuel your day? then have it with dauphinoise potatoes which is also simple and easy to prepare.
Simple Dauphinoise Potatoes for One
2 large potato
1 crushed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potato thinly in even slices.
- Heat up milk and cream, Add the crushed garlic
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Throw in the potato slices and let the mixture simmer.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a baking dish,discarding the garlic.
- Pour over the cream mixture, just enough to seep through the layers.
- Bake in a pre heated 190C oven for 30-45 minutes till top is browned.
Serving God is a great privilege, and service to Him must be rendered with excitement and enthusiasm.