Happy Lunar New Year to all! I'm back!!!
This Rose Chiffon cake recipe is created by my friend Angeline. I met Angeline during a food event about 2 years ago and we have been keeping in touch on Facebook and whatsapp.
Angeline is a very talented and creative homecook, and this recipe was even featured in The Straits Times. I have baked this cake countless time because this is now my favourite cake to bake. I just love the colour and flavour.
Do you believe me when I said I baked this cake with the oven turn off? My oven temperature setting has gone kaput, and when the power is on, it becomes very hot even at the lowest temperature. When this cake was ready to bake, I said my 'oven prayer', switched off the power and left in the oven to bake. I have no oven thermometer to check the temperature too. After 30 mins in the oven, I turned the oven on for 5 minutes and off again. The cake was done in 45 mins time and I have no idea at what temperature!
My oven prayer is answered! This cake is very tall for a 5 eggs recipe in a 23cm tin. It is light and fluffy, the perfect texture of a good chiffon.
This cake is just as good on its own but with the fresh cream, it taste even better. The fresh cream is whipped with condensed milk and sweetness can be adjusted to your taste.
100g cake flour
5 egg yolks
15g castor sugar
20ml rose syrup
1.5 tsp rose essence
80g castor sugar
10g corn flour
5 egg white
- Mix 20ml rose syrup with 80ml milk.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture, oil and essence and mix till well combined.
- Add flour into the yolk mixture and mix till combined.
- Make the meringue. Combine sugar and cornflour.
- Beat egg white till foamy then add half the sugar and flour mixture, continue to beat for a few minutes then add remaining sugar/flour mixture.
- Beat till stiff peak.
- Add the meringue in 3 additions to the yolk mixture, fold in gently till all whites are incorporated.
- Pour into a 20/21cm chiffon pan and bake at 150C for 40-45 minutes. When done turn the pan over and cool it upside down.
Condensed milk Chantilly Cream
300ml whipping cream
condensed milk to taste
Pour 300ml of whipping cream into a cold mixing bowl and whipped till soft peak, slowly drizzle in the condensed milk till stiff peak.
Our recent study on the book of Philemon teaches us to receive and forgive those who have sinned.
We were once runaways ourselves like Onesimus. We have to do what is right, even facing the consequences of our own sinful actions. The gospel is a message of second chances, and we don't hold past sins against people who have repented.
Jesus took our debt upon Himself. He was created without sins to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21