Good Food Magazine
250g potatoes (steamed and mashed)
100g diced squid
25g fried shallots
25g chopped coriander
200g egg wash
Grilled Squid Head
100g squid tentacles
40g sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
20g sambal chilli
3g chopped coriander root
30 tamarind juice (assam juice)
2g tumeric powder
8g fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix mashed potatoes, squid, fried shallots, coriander evenly and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide into 10 portions and shape into balls
- Coat potato balls with flour and egg wash in sequence. Deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel and keep warm.
- Combine the ingredients for the grilled squid and let it steep for 2 hours.
- Grill squid tentacles over high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- Prepare the tamarind mayo by mixing all the ingredients evenly.
- arrange bagedil and grilled squid tentacles on skewers. Serve with tamarind mayo.
Note: Use firm potatoes only like Holland potatoes. Do not use Russet. I omitted tumeric in the Tamarind Mayo.
Filled With Christ
'You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.'