Green and red, the traditional colours of Christmas, this pizza will definitely set the mood of a Christmas meal. The pizza dough is from Jamie Oliver's easy pizza dough and this dough can be made ahead, freeze untl ready to use. This dough can also be used to make bread. Pictures are from old post.
Ingredients (makes 6-8 medium sized thin pizza bases)
1 kg strong white bread flour or Tipo '00' flour
1 level tablespoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
650 ml lukewarm water
- Sift the flours and salt on to a clean work surface and make a well in the middle.
- In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into the water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well. Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid.
- Keep mixing, drawing larger amounts of flour in, and when it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean, flour-dusted hands. Knead until you have a springy dough.
- Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and flour the top of it. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Now remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands - this is called knocking back the dough.
- You can either use it immediately, or keep it, wrapped in clingfilm, in the fridge or freezer until required. If using straight away, divide the dough up into as many little balls as you want to make pizza This amount of dough is enough to make about 6 to 8 medium pizzas.
Recipe from Her Frozen Wings
Strawberry Balsamic Pizza
( makes one 12 inch pizza)
1/2 cup strawberry jam
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp chilli sauce
1 ball pizza dough(Jamie Oliver's)
1 cup diced chicken breast, pan seared or any leftover roasted chicken
1/2 cup applewood bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces, cooked and drained
1/2 cup thin sliced sweet onion
12 oz shredded Italian blend cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced small
- Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to boil and reduce heat, simmer for 4-5 minutes or until reduced to half of the original amount and mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Add strawberry jam and chilli sauce and mix well, set aside to cool.
- Roll out pizza on your pizza pan. If you find it a little difficult to roll to the edges of the pan, let it rest for a while and roll out again.
- Combine chicken with 2 tbsps of the balsamic strawberry mixture and mix to coat all chicken with sauce. Pour rest of the sauce onto pizza dough and spread to cover. Leave a 1" border around the edge and scatter chicken over the sauce.
- Place about 3/4 of the cheese on top of the dough, spread to cover sauce evenly, scatter bacon and onion over cheese to distribute evenly. Scatter remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230C for approximately 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven, let it cool slightly and sprinkle with diced strawberries and fresh cilantro.