These cookies are the pinnacle of perfection! If you want a big, chewy cookie like the kind you see at Subway, then these are the cookies for you!
When I first saw these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies on Pinterest many months ago, I wanted to bake them but I have to look for Rolo caramel candy first. According to the recipe, Rolo caramel will melt during baking. I can't find Rolo here and got a friend to get them from the US.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 15 large cookies (20)
280g all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
150g light brown sugar, loosely packed
100g granulated sugar(80g)
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
180g chocolate chips, divided
15 Rolo candies(20)
- Toss together the flour,baking soda,cornstarch and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the melted butter,brown sugar, and white sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in half chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to have evenly dispersed among the dough. Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours, or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory, the longer the better.take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside. Unwrap the Rolos and have your 1/2 chocolate chips in a pile ready to be used.
- Roll the dough into balls, 1.5 tablespoons each. You have about 30 balls, give or take. The dough will be crumbly, but the warmth of your hands will allow the balls to stay intact. Make a thumbprint into one dough ball and press the Rolo inside. Cover the Rolo with another dough ball and mold the two dough balls around the Rolo, making sure it is completely wrapped inside. Gently press down on the large cookie dough ball to slightly flatten and press a few more chocolate chips on top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Put 7-8 balls of dough onto each cookie sheet. Put one cookie sheet into the refrigerator as you bake batch #1. Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes.(13mins) The cookies will look very soft and under baked. Do not bake longer than 13 minutes. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. If the cookies still look too puffy when your remove them from the oven, gently press down on them a little more. Cookies stay soft and fresh for 7 whole days at room temperature. Cookies may be frozen up to 3 months. Rolled cookie dough may be frozen up to 3 months and baked their frozen state for 13-14 minutes.
When my children were young, they looked forward to the church children's camp. It was there that they had encountered God's word, made friends and created memories that will last their lifetime. Now that they are in their youth, it is my prayer they they'll serve in the camp for His purpose and glory and spread God's love as they grow in His knowledge.
Camp registration is opened on Facebook and ex campers will receive their forms in the mail by this week!
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech,in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12