Wednesday 4 September 2013

A Wife Of Noble Character Who Can Find?




Buttah + Ree = Buttery.
These Pioneer Woman's Citrus Butter Cookies are delicious but sweet. They are not crunchy but melting soft. I baked these cookies because there are citrus zest in them. I love food that has citrus zest. These cookies are perfect for afternoon tea.



This recipe is found in her second cook book, Food From My Frontier and her website.  




Citrus Butter Cookies
Food From My Frontier



Ingredients
4 Sticks salted butter, softened
1-1/2 cup sugar
2 whole large eggs, separated
4 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons orange, lemon and lime zest ( approx 1 tbsp each)
2 tablespoons orange, lemon and/or lime juice (2 tablespoons total)

Icing
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk
2 tablespoons orange, lemon, and lime zest
juice of 1/2 lime
juice of 1/2 lemon
dash of salt
extra zest, for decorating

Method


  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Cream butter and sugar until combined. Add egg yolks and mix until combined (set whites aside for the icing.) Add the zest and the flour and mix until just combined, then add juice and mix until combined.
  • Scoop out heaping teaspoons of dough, then roll them into balls between your hands. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep on the cookie sheet for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan with a spatula and allow to cool completely before icing.
To Make The Icing

  • Combine 1 egg white with the rest of the icing ingredients. Whisk thoroughly until combined, adding either more powdered sugar or more juice until it reaches a pourable but still thick consistency.
  • Drizzle the icing across the cookies in several lines, then do it again in the other direction.(used piping bag).
  • Sprinkle with extra zest before the icing sets.
Note: I halved this recipe and got 38 cookies. Do not over baked the cookies. It should be pale in colour. 






This is linked to Cook Like A Star 'Ree Drummond' hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids,
Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out and Mich from Piece of Cake









A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Proverbs 31:10

17 comments:

  1. Ooh My! Lian!

    These are so pretty! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're quite sweet for me, Emily. Cookies taste better after a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lian,
    I have seen a recipe similar to this at her website, not sure whether they are the same. These looks good and I like the citrus with the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lian! Your mini treats look amazingly delicious! Are they for sale? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lian,

    Love the generous amount of citrus zest on your cookies. They look like flowers to me! I must say that these are not just pretty cookies... they are also yummy cookies!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love citrus zest, Zoe. Sometimes I overload too much!

      Delete
  6. These cookies loo so good! I like the citrus toppings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich, it is because of the zest that I baked these;D

      Delete
  7. Hi Lian, I love the way you describe how butter-ree these cookies are! I'm a fan of citrusy flavours too. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Citrus zest do bring food to another level. I simply love it and great to know you love it too!

      Delete
  8. Lian, your cookies look very good! I could easily pop a few into my mouth in front of the TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I can't afford to, must watch my weight at my age, haha...

      Delete
  9. Hi Lian, I also love anything with citrus zest in it!Makes everything smell so good. Gorgeous cookies... Ree sure loves her butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is also known as the younger Paula Deen, Queen of Butter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...