Crash Hot Potatoes. They are so flavourful and crisp. I was surprised there is no butter but olive oil. This is so unlike Pioneer Woman who is also known as the Buttah Queen. Even without buttah, they still smell and taste just as good.
The Homemade Ranch Dressing are all store cupboard ingredients. I find this to be very refreshing if you have it very cold with iceberg lettuce. I like that it is homemade, so the flavour is very fresh ( No More Hidden Valley) and I can adjust to suit my taste. Another winner!
Crash Hot Potatoes
Pioneer Woman Cooks
12 whole new potatoes or other small round potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
rosemary ( or other herbs of choice) to taste(thyme)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
- On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
- With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary ( or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available).
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
1 clove to 2 cloves garlic
salt to taste
1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
Buttermilk as needed to desired consistency(milk)
white vinegar to taste, optional
paprika to taste, optional
- Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about an 1/8 to 1/4 tsps of salt on it and mash it into a paste with a fork. Chop the parsley, chives and any of the optional herbs very finely and add to the garlic.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, adding other optional ingredients as you wish, tasting frequently a adjusting seasons as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.
My family loves them all! These sides are great with pork chops. They're so easy and fast to put together.
Each day should be a day of thanksgiving to God for all the blessings he has provided us with!
A psalm for grateful praise
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.