Tuesday 10 September 2013

A Garden Eastward in Eden



While Pioneer Woman derived joy from watching a huge grin sweep across her husband's face when he bit into something he finds delicious, I too derived the same joy watching my hungry cowboy younger son who came home from the ranch gym where he is working on his cattle abs, polished off this plate in less than 5 minutes and with a second helping of the potatoes.










Pan Fried Pork Chop
Pioneer Woman Cooks
serves 8

Ingredients
7 pieces or 8 pieces Thin Bone in Pork Chops
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt(Lawry's seasoned salt)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon butter
Extra salt and pepper, to taste


Method


  • Rinse pork chops.  Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops.
  • Combine all dry ingredients. Dredge each side of the pork chops in the flour mixture, then set aside on a plate.
  • Heat canola oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add butter. When butter is melted and butter/oil mixture is hot, cook 3 pork chops a time, 2 minutes on the side. (make sure no pink juices remain.) Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining porch chops.
Note: I serve with smashed new potatoes and iceberg lettuce with homemade ranch dressing. Both sides are also from Pioneer Woman website which will be in the next post.. 







This post is linked to Cook Like A Star 'Pioneer Woman' hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids,
Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out  and Mich from Piece of Cake.











What is a Terrarium?
A terrarium is a collection of small plants growing in a transparent, sealed container. A terrarium is a closed environment, and can actually used to illustrate how an ecosystem works. Inside a terrarium's walls, many different natural processes may be observed: photosynthesis, respiration, and the water cycle. The water in the terrarium is constantly recycled, passing from liquid form to gas and back again. As the moisture in the air condenses on the glass walls, it returns to the soil and is absorbed by the plants' roots.

I attended this workshop in the church organised by the Women Fellowship. The workshop began with the reading of Genesis 1-2:8. The book of Genesis chronicles the creation of the world and God's plan for his people.

And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. Genesis 2:8

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lian, I know exactly what you mean! I derive a lot of joy seeing my kids eat heartily too. Your pork chops look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yen. Lovely Chops. Thank God for making us mothers.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lian,

    A great meal indeed!
    Love the terrariums in recycled bottles. I have several empty bottles drying on the rack, some for spices and larger ones for ...... ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrariums are fast and easy to do. Great as homemade gifts.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cook them today, cquek. Be prepared to clean your kitchen, quite greasy after frying 6 chops.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lian,

    This is how typical mum and wife feels... I'm like that too. Sometimes, I like to sit back to enjoy the views of how they eat their food and of course, hate the most when they are fussy with GOOD FOOD!! - Geez!

    Love your idea of growing terrariums in bottles. They will be great gifts for Xmas!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, sometimes I get stressed out by them picking on my food.

      Delete
  5. I think every mother would feel very happy to see their kids tucking into their cooking no? Same can be said when they are grown and started cooking for us:) They too love to see us enjoy the food that they had cooked for us:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jeannie. Not too sure if my kids would cook for me. But I always do remind them to bring me to fancy restaurants when I am old, haha....

      Delete
  6. Lian, your panfried pork chops look very good!! It's no doubt why it can be finished with a second helping of potatoes ;) I'm sure you are a happy mum with all the food gone and wiped clean from the plate. Each time I do that, my mum always beams with pride ;)

    Psst, your terraniums look so pretty! I would never attempt to do it myself since I know they would turn out to be otherwise from yours ;P The bible verse is definitely a refreshing thought of how it all goes round and come back to God :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...