Saturday 1 September 2012

Help yourself dinner

Roast Chicken
Thursday is the day where my part time cleaner comes to clean my place. She is really good and  I trust her enough to leave the whole house to her while I'm out. I usually return after she leaves, forI do not like to interfere with her cleaning or get into her way.
There will be no heavy cooking in my kitchen on this day, so as to keep and enjoy the cleaned kitchen. This roast chicken will be ideal to prepare for it takes 10 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes cooked. There are no specific ingredients, I just made do with what I have in my fridge. Salad is store bought and I added dry cranberries and toasted walnut with balsamic vinegar dressing

1 Chicken,butterflied
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Thymes
1 tsp Rosemary
1 lemon,quartered
1 onion,quartered
1 clove of garlic
sea salt and black pepper

Place lemon,onion and garlic on a foil lined baking tray.Rub olive oil on chicken. Add salt and pepper,sprinkle thymes and rosemary. Roast in an oven 250C for 35 minutes.

Mash Potatoes
5 russet potatoes,peeled and quartered
1/2 cup milk
30g butter
salt to taste

Boil potatoes till cooked, mash and add butter. Add milk and salt.

1 comment:

  1. You are fast making this delicious dinner within 45 min! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...