|Cranberries and Walnut loaf|
I also baked two cakes,butter and pandan chiffon. I am visiting my sister and bringing the cakes for her. There are many butter cake recipes and I used to bake butter cakes using a recipe from my first cookbook. This cookbook was bought 33 years ago and have moved 6 times with me!
|My First Cookbook|
|Mrs SK Ng Butter Cake|
230gm salted butter
200gm self raising flour,sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 180C. Prepare a 8 inch square pan. Line the base and grease the sides.
2. Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until soft. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and 150gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla extract and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
4. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
5. Put half the egg whites and mix on low speed. Pour the balance of egg whites in and Fold.
6. Pour batter into pan and level.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.