Cream Puffs are hollow round of crisp choux pastry or pate a choux that is split in half, filled with cream and dusted with icing sugar. Choux pastry is a light pastry dough used to make profiteroles, eclairs and croquembouches and is an easy pastry to make by boiling sugar and butter together and then mix with flour to cook before adding eggs to bind the pastry.
Choux pastry from Aunty Yochana
60g plain flour
- Boil water and butter till boiling.
- Pour in all the flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon till paste is not sticky and leaving the side of the pan. Remove from heat and let it cool till lukewarm.
- Stir in eggs and mix till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Fill paste into a pipng bag and pipe onto a baking tray. Makes about 15 small puffs
- Bake at 180C fir about 20 minutes, or till puffed up and golden in colour.
Periplus's Sizzling BBQ Cookbook
11/4 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoon corn flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk 1/4 cup milk, whole egg, yolks, flour, cornflour and sugar together in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining milk until warm.
- Whisk a little warm milk into the egg mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the remaining warm milk.
- return milk mixture to heat. Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer for 3 minutes. Blend in vanilla. Cool.
Cut cream puffs but not through, pipe some custard filling into the puff. Dust with icing sugar. Best serve chilled.
Last Sunday's lesson was on John 8:12 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'
The children learnt about living in darkness and not knowing Jesus. They learnt that following Jesus will lead them to the path of truth, to God, the Heavenly Father.
Activity time is a box of common household objects hidden inside, covered with a dark paper. There are peeping holes for the children to shine the light through to see the hidden objects
Objectives of this activity is to show that the hidden objects are like our sins hidden in darkness and only the light of Jesus can shine through and bring us out of darkness
'but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son purifies us from all sin.' 1 John 1:7