Strawberry Fields Forever. A song by John Lennon, was inspired by his memories of playing in the garden of a Salvation Army house named "Strawberry Field" near his childhood home.(wikipedia)
This recipe comes from dailydelicious, a talented home baker whose cakes and pastries look fit to be displayed at any patisserie. Her creations are always artistically arranged and photographed.
I had some problems rolling out the pate sucre because it was too soft even though I chilled it long in the fridge. I like the Creme d'amande a la pistache very much. It is very fragrant and taste like it comes from any good home grown patissierie. It is indeed much faster to make this tart than baking a cake!
Tart Au Fraise Pistache
Strawberry and Pistachio Tart (2 10cm tart pans, with excess)
125 g cake flour
0.5 g baking powder
75 g butter
47 g icing sugar
25 g egg
20 g almond powder
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Creme d'amande a la pistache
53 g butter
53 g icing sugar
30 g almond powder
25 g pistachio powder
53 g eggs
3 g rum
5 g cake flour
Strawberry jam (used apricot jam)
Chopped pistachio nuts
- Beat the butter in the bowl until the butter is smooth. Gradually add the icing sugar, eggs,vanilla,mixing until combine.
- Add the almond powder and flour,baking powder and mix until combine. Use your hand to knead briefly until smooth
- Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C
- Roll into 4mm thick. Place on tart pan.
- Place all the ingredients for Creme d'almande a la pistache together until combine.
- Pipe into the prepared Pate sucre. (I spooned into)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the tarts cool completely