Piping strawberry designs in triangular shapes wasn't that difficult, but because I wasn't happy (moody) with the sponge, I didn't diligently piped in neat rows and in same sizes. Nevertheless, the cake is soft and delicious.
Strawberry Swiss Roll
Adapted from Veronica's Kitchen
(A) 3 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
(B)30g fresh milk
28g corn oil
(C)50g plain flour
8g corn flour
(D)3 egg white
35g caster sugar
(E)10g egg white
5g fine caster sugar
(F) edible food coloring (strawberry essence)
(G) green tea powder (pandan essence) cocoa pwder
Filling for the cake
125g g fresh cream
15g caster sugar
Strawberries cut into 4 halves or into 2 halves
Method I (Sponge)
- Place ingredients A into a mixing bowl, mix well. Add ingredients B and stir and mix until smooth.
- Add sifted flours (ingredient C) into egg yolk mixture until well blend.
Making Strawberry Design
- Lined greased proof paper onto a swiss roll tray.
- take 15g(about 1 tablespoon) from the above premix, add in red coloring.
- Beat ingredient(E) until stiff but not dry. Mix together with the red mixture. Put them in a piping bag.
- Pipe out a few triangle shapes on the pre-prepared swiss roll tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 mintues at top temp 190(C) and bottom temp. 180C. (baked at 180C). Remove from oven immediately when is done.
Method II (sponge)
- Beat 3 1/2 egg whites (1/2 egg white is from (E) until peak form but not dry.
- Mix in the egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- Pour into the swiss roll tray, use a spatula to level evenly.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes at 180C
- When cool, spread fresh cream and place strawberries, roll up and put in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
- 2 different small bowl fill little cold water. One mix with green tea powder, the other mix with cocoa powder.
- Take out swiss roll, use a very fine brush to draw leaves in green, and cocoa mixture for tiny dots on the strawberries.
This is an answer sheet from a 8 year old boy (from an unchurched home) who has just joined my class.
Who is your school class teacher?
Who is Uncle Leslie?(another Sunday School teacher)
Who is our Prime Minister?
Who is the President of USA?
Who Is Jesus?
"So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male or female, for you all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:26-29