Thursday 17 January 2013

Do Not Despise One Of These Little Ones



This is a perfect healthy dish to serve to family and guests at lunch or dinner.  It can be done within half an hour with minimum fuss(grease free!) I like the yogurt dressing, serve it chilled, and you have a refreshing sauce with a nice lime scent and aromatic almonds. A nice change from my usual, normal, unexciting Teriyaki Salmon.








Salmon With Almond-Lime Yogurt Sauce
Adapted from Marin Mama Cooks

Ingredients
salmon fillets, the amount you will get will depend on how many people your're feeding
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup silvered almonds
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
sea salt
1/4cup, plus 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (I used low fat natural yogurt)
1/2 small shallot, very thinly sliced
fresh herbs to top such as parsley, dill, mint or chervil (I used coriander)


Method


  • In a small saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat and add the almonds, stirring until they become fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. (I toast in the hot oven for 10 minutes)
  • Transfer almonds and oil to a small bowl to cool, then stir in the tablespoon lime juice and season with salt.. Mix in yogurt until fully combined. Chill the sauce (covered) until ready to use.(I combined everything into a small bowl)
  • Cook your salmon your favourite way. (I rubbed extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper,lined aluminium foil,  baked in hot oven for 20 minutes)
  • To serve, dollop each fillet with the yogurt sauce and sprinkle with the diced shallots and herbs. (I served boiled potatoes and french beans as sides)











Sunday School

After much deliberation, we have decided to split my level class into two groups, separate classroom. There are a few mischievous boys in the class and they are distracting some of the children.  Many times, I have missed some important parts of the lessons due to the noises and pranks they made. I pray that with this arrangement, we have good control of the children, and with lesser noise and interruptions, they can learn and absorb God's Word better in their young hearts.

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. for I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my father in Heaven."                                     Matthew 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...