|Tofu with Prawns and Sugar Snap Peas|
|Steamed Fish with beans|
Our body is the temple of Christ, we must keep it clean. They are like sacred sites where God dwells. Filled with His power and presence, we are to speak words of truth, touch,comfort,heal others, love and worship Him. Just as we treat temples with respect, we should treat our body with respect too, by keeping our heart and mind clean, reading, listening and watching only "things that are pleasing to God". So whatever you do, have God's Glory in mind. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 'Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the holy spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;you were bought at price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.'
Tofu with mushrooms and vegetables
2 square firm tofu, diagonally sliced,cut into 16 triangles
1 cup sugar snap peas
4-6 dried Japanese mushrooms, soaked in hot water till soft
1 small carrot
4-6 medium prawns(optional)
1teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon cornflour + 1 tablespoon water for thickening
- Fry the tofu till golden brown. Set aside
- Heat the sesame oil, fry the ginger.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrots and sugar snap peas. Stir fry till fragrant.
- Mix oyster sauce with chicken stock and pour into pan.
- Add in fried tofu and let it simmer in the gravy. When gravy is reduced, stir in cornstarch mixture.
Steamed fish with preserved beans
1 whole fish
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon preserved brown beans(taucheo)
1 teaspoon preserved black beans
1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
1 thumbsize ginger, strips
1 tablespoon water
- Rub both sides of fish with vegetable oil.
- Place preserved beans,chili,ginger on the fish and add in 1 tablespoon water
Complete meal with a serve of plain stir fry green leafy vegetables.
|stir fry greens|