I cook this pasta very often. This is adapted from Pioneer Woman A simple and flavorful meal which is also the family favorite. This is also the only dish that I buy leeks to cook with. I usually buy a small stalk just for this.
Sometimes, I will also prepare a side. It will be garlic toasts or Mushroom Tart. I use ready made puff pastry to make mushroom tart.
This mushroom tart or mushroom puff is just really only mushrooms and shredded mozzarella cheese, that's it, and if I have rocket leaves and prosciutto, I add them too,after baking.
Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks
12 ounces, weight pasta, cooked al dente
Reserved pasta water, if needed
3 ounces, weight chopped Pancetta
3 whole leeks, sliced thin
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup cream
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Parmesan Cheese, Shaved
- Cooked pasta and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Saute chopped pancetta until fat is rendered and it starts to brown.
- Add sliced leeks and cook for 8 minutes. When you add the leeks, you can also throw in a pat or two of butter if you want to. This'll give the dish some scrumptious flavor. Add it after bacon is browned.
- After 8 to 10 minutes, pour in wine, then cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until reduced.
- Reduce heat to low, then pour in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in Parmesan shavings.Toss in pasta, adding a little pasta water to thin as needed.
- Serve with Parmesan shavings over the top.
Note: You can replace Pancetta with Bacon. Once Pancetta is browned, I drained Pancetta and dish up before adding leeks.
1 Sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
Any type of mushrooms you like
Mozzarella cheese or gruyere
Lightly score the edges of the pastry. Add cheese and mushrooms. Top with more cheese. Brush the edges with egg wash. Bake for 25 mins 200C oven.
The Bible Promise Book
I shall share with you one of the many verses under
'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. ' Psalms 46:1-3