Glutinous Rice with Chicken is more commonly known in Chinese as 糯米鸡 or Loh Mai Kai. My version has mushrooms, Chinese sausage and roast pork besides chicken. I have always like glutinous rice but I'm always mindful not to eat too much at one go. Glutinous rice fill your stomach fast and is hard to digest.
I am very happy with this recipe. This is so delicious and I'm going to make again, this time in full recipe with no salt reduction, and in smaller serving. Cooked glutinous rice can be kept frozen and reheated by steaming. You can use Chinese rice bowl or disposable aluminium dish.
Glutinous Rice with Chicken
Adapted from Sugar & Everything Nice
450g glutinous rice
6 chinese dried mushrooms
1/2 whole chicken (2 boneless chicken thigh)
2 tbsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp thick soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
7 tbsp oil
170g roast pork
3 pieces dried chinese sausage
1 tbsp cornflour
salt to taste
1 stalk coriander leave -chopped
- Soak the glutinous rice overnight. Rinse and drain well.
- Soak the mushroom for about 20 minutes and then cut in half (quarters)
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tsp sugar.
- Slice the roast pork into 1 cm cubes and season with 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp thick soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, the remaining sugar and pepper.
- Slice the sausages thinly, lightly fy for about 2 minutes and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry chicken until cook and all the gravy absorbed.Remove and set aside.
- Heat another 2 tbsp oil, add in roast pork and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup water cover and simmer for 10 minutes.Blend cornflour with 1/4 cup water and thicken the gravy. Set aside.
- Mix the glutinous rice with 3 tbsp oil,1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Divide chicken, roast pork, sausages and mushrooms into 10 equal portions. Place each portion in a bowl.
- Divide the rice into 10 portions also and cover the ingredients of each bowl with 1 portion of rice.The bowls should only be half full.
- Steam the bowls of rice in a steamer for 30 minutes or until the rice is well cooked.
- Turn each bowl of rice onto a serving plate and serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16