This chowder was inspired by Nigella Express Sweetcorn Chowder with Toasted Tortillas. In the TV episode, the frozen sweetcorn was blended together with the spring onions, garlic and semolina. Then it was cooked on the stove top with vegetable stock, and served with cheese coated tortilla chips.
My version has no semolina and spring onions, but chopped white onions. I did not blend until smooth because I like some corn texture in my soup. I used flour tortilla toasted with shredded cheddar, a healthier option than the store bought tortilla chips. This naturally thickened creamy soup is very hearty and healthy, with no added salt. I had this soup with Corn, Zucchini and Roasted Tomato Frittata. Yeah, Thumbs up from me!
Sweetcorn Chowder with Toasted Tortillas
1 big serve
200g frozen corns
200ml vegetable stock, low sodium
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
I piece tortilla wrap, cut into 8 triangles
- In a small pot, fry onions and garlic with olive oil for a minute.
- Add corns and vegetable stock. Blend the mixture.
- Bring the blended soup to boil, and let it simmer for a few minutes. Pepper to taste.
- Bake tortilla in 200C oven for a few minutes until brown and crisp, turn chips over and top with cheese.
- When cheese is melting, remove from oven.
- Ladle soup into serving bowl and put a tortilla chip in the middle, and extra chips at the side for dipping.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4
Those who regret or express grief and sorrow of their sins and who seek Christ in repentance. It is through their mourning, they are awakened to God.who can comfort and transform them.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up 'Corn' hosted by Esther of Copycake kitchen, a blog hop event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy kids and Mui Mui of My little favorite DIY