It is trendy to cook in front of your friends, 2 or 3 close ones(heard it somewhere). Moreover cooking can make great conversation. Any friends would love to help with mixing the couscous, while you grill the salmon.
Grilled Black Pepper Salmon with Carrot Couscous Salad
2 salmon steaks
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp onion powder (omitted)
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup couscous (1/2 cup)
1 cup boiling water (1/2 cup boiling chicken stock)
1 tsp unsalted butter (omitted)
1 medium sized carrots, grated
1 large onion, diced finely (small)
2 cloves garlic minced (1 clove)
1 tsp cumin (1/2 tsp)
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped finely (1 tbsp)
1 red chilli, sliced finely
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut (1/2 tbsp)
2 tablespoon rasins
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients for salmon marinade.
- Marinate the salmon for minimum 30 minutes.
- Under hot griddle, grill the salmon on both sides until well browned but not charred.
- 'Prepare the couscous salad. Mix the couscous with hot boiling water, 1/2 tsp salt and butter (boiling chicken stock only)
- Mix together and leave aside for 15 minutes
- In a wok, heat the remaining olive oil. Brown the onion, cumin, garlic and chilli. Once the onions are translucent, add in the grated carrots and grated coconut. Cook for a good 5 minutes.
- Tip in the coriander leaves and raisins cooked couscous. Mix all the ingredients until well combined and season with salt (omitted)
- Serve the couscous alongside the grilled salmon.