Saturday 27 October 2012

Quick Lunch III

Soba, sauce, shredded seaweed
I am going to make a healthy and delicious, fast and cheap lunch. I bought these at Daiso, a Japanese value dollar store where everything in the store sells for 2 dollars each.  It is my favorite store to go for kitchenwares and Japanese foodstuff .
I  bought these on my last trip and spent $10 for 5 items.
deep plates, oven gloves, pot stand


  I love the pot stand and the pink gloves but sometimes you have to shop wisely when you are there. I tend to be carried away by the cheap pricing and kawaii designs that I have bought things that are not really value for money.
I find these really useful
saucepan


Food cover
And Who can resist this?
paper serviette
Cold Soba ( 300gm pack serves 3).

  •  For one serving, cook 100g of soba into boiling water for 4 minutes.
  • While soba is cooking, prepare the sauce. Dilute 1/4 cup of soba sauce with 3/4 cup of ice water. 
  • To serve, put some ice cubes on bamboo mat of the serving plate, and then place cooked soba on the ice. Eat by dipping soba into sauce.

Soba/Sushi  plate set from Daiso


 This is such a healthy and delicious meal done in less than 10 minutes.
Cold  Soba



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...