Tuesday 23 October 2012

Fishers of Men

Grilled Saba Fish
Saba mackerel is commonly grilled or used for sushi. For this dish, I just brush with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt, black pepper and grill (200C) in an oven for 15 minutes. So fast to cook, and so healthy too. Mackerel is a cold water fish, therefore it contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to prevent cardiovascular disease and promotes brain heath. It contains other nutrients too.
My friend J gave me this fish which she bought from the market. She has heard that I have bought the wrong fish as I couldn't tell one mackerel from another. Thanks J, you are so kind.

This is the fish I bought, Yellowtail scad



This is Saba
Here in the  pictures they look so different, Don't laugh, but if you are an inexperienced fish buyer in a market like me, you tend to get confused by the variety of fishes (unlabeled) displayed. I buy my fish and meat from supermarket and rely on labels to look for specific type and cuts.

A market fish stall
You can also grill saba with teriyaki sauce which is just as good.




Matthew 4:19
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...