Saturday 12 July 2014

Praise The Lord





I have a selection of tea from Twinings. There are five flavours in the box and Lady Grey is one of them. Lady Grey is a fragrant, bright and light black tea infused with orange,lemon and bergamot flavours. This tea is a variation of the famous Earl Grey tea. This tea has citrus flavour which I find very refreshing and is perfect for chiffon cakes.







Black Tea Chiffon Cake (Lady Grey)
Adapted from Cookpad
17 cm tube pan


Ingredients
1 Lady Grey teabag
30g boiling water
1 Lady Grey teabag, leaves only
80g cake flour
3g baking powder
4 small egg yolk
50g castor sugar
30g vegetable oil

Meringue
5 small egg white
30g castor sugar


Method
  • Preheat oven to 170C. Pour boiling water into a cup and add 1 teabag. Allow the tea to stand for 10 mins. 
  • Sift cake flour and baking powder together. 
  • Whisk egg yolk, oil,sugar and tea liquid. Add the loose tea leaves, Fold sifted flour into the yolk mixture
  • Beat the egg white and sugar till stiff peaks. 
  • Fold in the egg white into the yolk mixture.
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes.
  • Once it is baked, turn upside down immediately and leave the pan to cool.

Note: As I am typing out this recipe, I realize I have forgotten to add in vegetable oil! I have just removed the cake from pan, the cake is very soft and fragrant. It doesn't look like I have missed an ingredient. I shall wait till tomorrow to taste.




Update: Tasting Done. It is simply amazing! Only a discerning chiffon expert can tell it is a tad drier than most chiffons. I love the vibrant aroma and zesty flavours of orange and lemon in it.  I shall bake another Lady Grey Tea chiffon soon.







This post is linked to Bake Along 'CHIFFON' hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce from















Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD. Psalm 150:6

20 comments:

  1. nice earl grey chiffon cake...yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lian, fluffy soft Black Tea chiffon cake ... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, no oil and still tastes good.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lian,
    I have not heard of Lady Grey Tea! I love drinking Earl Grey and now you have got me curious with the "Lady"! And your cake looks so fluffy soft, just the perfect treat for tea-time!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Am going to keep a lookout for the "Lady"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, you'll love Lady more if you like Earl Grey.

      Delete
  4. How nice, Lian! And I love black tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely unmoulded, I love the clean skinless look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love earl grey in my cakes too..but sometimes i tend to be "greedy" and overload my cakes with heavily fragrant of earl grey...

    Great looking Earl Grey Chiffon Cake you got here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, I love strong tea too. This has good flavour.

      Delete
  7. Hi Lian,

    I love my cuppa time. A slice of cake with Twinning... Ohhhh! I think I need one now :p

    Your black tea chiffon cake (with no oil) looks wonderful :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lian, I made an Earl Grey chiffon before but it didn't looks as tall and pretty as yours!!! Looks liek I should give it another shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, if you like Earl Grey, can make again. I'm sure it will turn out beautiful too!

      Delete
  9. i am a bit kiasu , never knew about lady grey. I do have a box of earl grey tho in my kitchen and now i' thinking shld i bake one....and i still havent baked the sicilian orange cake ! btw, i love the look of your chiffon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lena, not many people know there is Lady Earl Grey and it is not as popular as the original Earl Grey. But this is nice, more citrusy.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...