This ultimate comfort dish works best when it's served just the way it is normally eaten. From the essential pork sausages and onion gravy to the creamy mash.
I have English Cumberland sausages with sweet onion gravy and sour cream mash. The potatoes are mashed with a mixture of hot milk and butter, sour cream, salt and crushed black pepper to taste, and whipped with a whisk to create a smooth, light and fluffy texture. Sour cream and potatoes are a perfect match.
Bangers and Mash
2 good quality pork sausages(English Cumberland Sausages)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, turn the heat to medium and add the sausages. Turn the sausages and cooked till brown, about 10 minutes.
1 large red onion
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegars
1 cup of beef/vegetable broth
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp water
- Slice onions thinly and pan fry onions in butter and olive oil on medium heat. Cover for 5-8 minutes, making sure the onions turn soft and not burnt.
- Add sugar and balsamic vinegars, fry until onion is caramelized and soft. Stir in the both. Mix cornflour with water and a little gravy, stir into the mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
This onion gravy can also be used as steak sauce.
Sour Cream Mash
3 Russet potatoes
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoon sour cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes and place them in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with cold water and add enough salt to the water.Bring to a boil. Uncovered, lower the heat and simmer the potatoes till cooked and fall apart easily when pierced with a fork.
- Heat the milk and butter, making sure it doesn't boil.
- When the potatoes are done, drain and mash the potatoes. Add the hot milk and sour cream. Whisk the potatoes till smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up 'BUTTER' hosted by Jasline of Foodiebaker, organised by Zoe of
Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
|Photo credit: Pastor Kwan|
Do not be anxious about anything,but in every situation,by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
A Reminder To Myself
Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.