Ina Garten's Chicken Parmesan and Lemon Vinaigrette on Greens is simple and quick to prepare. I cooked this for my younger son and he gave the thumbs up. The dressing and salad are also delicious and the combination is really good.
I love Ina Garten's way of plating this dish, I think the fresh greens on the chicken makes a striking presentation. Many chefs in the restaurant usually do it the other way round. If I have the freshest mesclun mix, it will certainly enhance this presentation more, but I have to make do with this heap of rather sad arugular leaves.
Parmesan Chicken and Lemon Vinaigrette on Greens
6 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 extra-large eggs
1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs (panko with pinches of dry basil,oregano,thyme,rosemary and lemon zest)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Good olive oil
Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour,salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On the third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, than dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice,olive oil,salt, and pepper.
Note: I cooked for 2 servings with potato gratin on the side.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up "LEMON" hosted by Grace, Life Can Be Simple. Organised by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen from My little Favourite DIY.
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4