Oat Crusted Potato Cakes
makes 6 potato cakes
40g rolled oats
40g wholemeal flour(plain flour)
salt and pepper to taste
Light olive oil for shallow frying
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash, allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in 30g oats and flour and season well.
- Press into 6 round potato cakes and coat in the remaining oats.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the potato cakes, about 2 minutes each side.
- Serve topped with grilled bacon and eggs.
Note: The oats add creaminess to the mash, making the potato cakes soft and creamy. This is best served hot from the pan. You can also turn these potato cakes into salmon cakes. Just add in a can of pink salmon flakes, chopped onions and snipped dills.
Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up 'Oats' hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang Kitchen, hosted by
Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My little favourite DIY.
The earth is the LORD'S, and all its fullness. Psalm 24:1