Wednesday, 10 June 2015

In My Vision




I am writing this because I don't want to lose the recipe of this lovely banana cake. This was shared to me by a relative. The recipe is from Mary Gomes, a cook book author and cafe owner.

There are many banana cake recipes but I just love this one. This banana cake is also baked by my new helper who bought and paid for the all the ingredients used. She wants to bake a cake to share with her countrymen at a church fellowship and insists on paying for the ingredients. She is really such sweet girl and I am blessed to have her in the house.










I like the light and fluffy texture of  this cake and would not substitute evaporated milk for fresh milk even if I have to go to the store and get a can. There is a subtle difference in taste even though 4 tablespoons is needed. Rum is also not to be missed, and brandy can be used too in place of rum.



Banana Cake

450g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
7 Del Monte bananas

Method


  • Sift four with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • Peel and mash bananas.
  • Grease a 30 cm or 11 inch square baking tin. Preheat oven to 150C.

360g butter
360g fine sugar (350g)
1 tablespoon rum

4 eggs
4 tablespoons evaporated milk

Method

  • Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add rum.
  • Add eggs one at a time, mixing each time till batter is well mixed.
  • Fold in sifted flour a little at a time.
  • Add mashed bananas and mix well. Add milk.
  • Pour batter into a greased baking tin. Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 1 1/4 hours till cake is done. Test with a skewer.




















In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. Daniel 7:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...