Wordless Wednesday - I just sent some people to cheesecake heaven
24 pcs Lotus biscoff
50g butter, melted
250g(8 oz) x 2 cream cheese, softened
100 g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 large egg, room temperature
4 tablespoons yoghurt or sour cream
2 tsp lemon zest, omit if baking mango cheesecake
1 cup Strawberry puree
1 cup Mango puree
Fresh blueberries, raspberries
1 large mango, cubed
- Preheat oven to 150C and place the rack in the center position. Leave a tray of hot water on the bottom rack. Line a muffin tin with 6 liners. Set aside.
- Make the crust. Combine melted butter and finely crushed biscoff in a bowl. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the muffin liner. Press it down with a glass or spoon. Set aside.
- Make the filling. Place sugar and lemon zest into a small bowl and rub together with your clean fingers,until fragrant and slightly damp. Set aside.(omit this step if baking mango cheesecake)
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat on medium low with a hand mixer until creamy and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Add the lemon-sugar mixture and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the yoghurt and add egg. Mix until well incorporated. Scrape the bowl to be sure ingredients are thoroughly combined, and mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tins over the crust. Use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes or until centers are almost set. C
- Chill cheesecakes in the muffin tin.
To make mango puree
Blend half mango till smooth. Add some sugar if mango is sour. Ssimmer on low heat. Leave to chill.
To make strawberry puree
Blend 1/2 punnet of frozen/fresh strawberries till smooth. Add a little sugar and lemon juice to taste. Simmer on low heat. Leave to chill.
To serve cheesecakes: Remove liners and top each cheesecake with puree and fruits.
If the cheesecakes have been removed from the liners and are allowed to sit on a plate in the fridge for hours, the crust may begin to soften. The crust stays crisp much longer in the liner. You can use any kind of biscuits but I prefer Lotus Biscoff.