I halve the recipe because I'm not sure if my younger son likes the food. Huge mistake. This is so appetizing! I like the accompanying sauce too. Sweet, sour and spicy. As I was chowing down the wrap, I thought of the Orange and Ginger Caramelised Chicken wings just made by Zoe. This is also another Thai inspired dish by Gordon Ramsay. How nice if I can have the wings too! That would make a very satisfying meal complete!
Ultimate Cookery Course Ep 2 Chilli Beef Lettuce Wrap
Its really important to get a good colour on the mince(mine is slightly unevenly browned). Strain the mince too after frying to keep it crisp
Chilli Beef Lettuce Wrap
olive oil, for frying
200g lean minced beef
200g minced pork
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sesame oil, for frying
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped'1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
Zest of 1 lime, juice of a lime
3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
2 little gem lettuces, separated into leaves, to serve
For the Dressing
1 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
Small bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
1-2 tsps fish sauce, to taste
1 tsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a large fring pan and add a little oil.
- Mix the minced beef and pork together. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Fry the mince in the hot pan for five to seven minutes until crisp and brown and broken down to a fine consistency. Drain the crisped minced in a sieve - this will help it stay crispy. Set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and add a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. Add the garlic,ginger and chilli. Fry with a pinch of salt and the sugar for two minutes. Add he drained mince and stir to mix.
- Add the fish sauce and heat through. Stir in the lime zest and juice, then add the spring onions, stirring for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and adjust to taste. Spoon some of the mince mixture into the lettuce leaves, drizzle with a little dressing and serve.
This post is linked to Cook Like A Star 'Gordon Ramsay' hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy kids,
Mich from Piece of Cake and Yen from Eat Your Heart Out.
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16