Savory Mushroom Palmiers
Company's Coming Starters
2 tsp cooking oil
1 cup finely chopped onion(food processor)
1 tsp butter
2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms (use shitake) (food processor)
4 tsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt (omitted)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder( use garlic salt)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 (397g) pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets of Pampas Puff Pastry, ready rolled)
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Saute until soft. Spoon into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and mushrooms to pan. Saute until golden. Add onion to mushrooms. Sprinkle with flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well. (garlic salt and pepper)
- Stir n sour cream until mixture is thickened. Cool
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to rectangle measuring 11 x 13 inches. Cut lengthwise down the center, forming 2 long rectangles. Divided mushroom and onion mixture between the 2 rectangles. Spread evenly, leaving 1/2 inch space down each side.(Pampas Puff Pastry ready roll, baking paper)
- Roll each long side to meet in center, just touching each other. Dampen pastry along each edge and press together lightly. (eggwash)
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 to 40 minutes in the refrigerator.(baking paper)
- Preheat oven to 375F (200C). lightly grease a baking sheet (not necessary)
- Cut each chilled roll into 24 slices, each slice about 1/2 inch wide. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, cut side down. Lightly press with a spatula or your fingers.(less than 24 slices)
- Bake in upper third of preheated oven for about 12 minutes until golden(20mins). Serve warm.
Note: I have about 2 tablespoons excess filling, which I spread on a buttered toast. For palmiers to look more palm like, fold and press pastry instead of rolling. I find it difficult to do so with the mushrooms filling. My palmiers are more like Elephants Ears.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they will be filled.
A spiritual hunger for the bread of life and thirst for the living water, our life will be filled with the love of Christ.