|Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with marshmallow fondant|
Shine Jesus Shine
Shine Jesus Shine is one of my favorite song. A 1987 Graham Kendrick song, was sung many times during Sunday School. A powerful song that begins with 'Lord the light of Your love is shining in the midst of the darkness, shining' Yes, Jesus light shines in the darkness, in the dark places of our own lives and in the darkness of society. We need God to shine in our midst for 2 Corinthians 4:6 reads 'For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ. Enjoy this kid version and sing along. Matthew 5:16 'In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.'
Cupcakes with Marshmallow fondant
The cupcakes are vanilla and chocolate. The vanilla cake recipe is from here. I have a few chocolate cupcake recipes, and this is the one I usually use if I am doing fondant cupcakes.
150g unsalted butter
½ tsp salt
35g cocoa powder
170g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
175g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Combine butter, salt and water in a small pot. Cook over low heat till the butter has melted and the mixture is about to boil.
Add in cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Let it cool completely.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Sift cake flour and baking powder,
Add in sugar and mix very well. Stir for at least a minute.
Add in eggs and vanilla to the cocoa mixture and beat until smooth.
Scrape this mixture into the dry ingredients.
Stir with a whisk until smooth, and then spoon batter into cupcake tins, filling it 2/3 full.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
For the Marshmallow Fondant
1 bag miniature marshmallows (16oz, 454gm)
1 kg icing sugar ( you might not use all )
2 tbsp water
- Grease microwavable bowl with shortening and place mini marshmallows in bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and microwave on high for 1 min. Stir with a greased spatula
- If the marshmallows are not melted, return to microwave for another 20 seconds. Stir.
- Sift half of icing sugars in a greased mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the melted marshmallow. (you can do this on a clean table top too)
- Mix until marshmallows are incorporated into the icing sugar
- Continue to knead and add icing sugar as needed until dough is smooth and not sticky.
- Wrap fondant in plastics if not using immediately.